BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Not everyone likes strawberries...

Yeah, well, I've arrived.
Well... not just yet. Tomorrow I start classes and apparently you haven't officially started college until you've taken some classes. Even though I've had itineraries full of things to do that sure feel as boring as classes. I've met a lot of people. A LOT. I really like how welcoming everyone is. You can pretty much go up to anyone and introduce yourself and just start a really nice conversation. Anywhere else, they'd look at you crazy and turn away. So yeah, it's a really nice enviroment. Although, I have had a little problem. I went home for a day because I injured myself and when I got home, I felt lost. Just emotionally, I felt lost. I felt like I was pretending to be someone I wanted to be to be liked and coming home (where I could be myself) I was lost. I got so depressed. I felt like I didn't have a home since I never felt "at home" anywhere I went. Finally, being with Wes, we started to talk because he knew something was up. He was getting annoyed because I wasn't being myself. It was awful. But after the talk we decided that I just wasn't being honest with myself. I was so worried about being liked in a new enviroment that I was lying to myself to be just like everyone else. He told me that losing myself made me depressed.
He explained that life moves on with or without you. You have to appreciate everything in this world and don't take advantage because it'll turn grey. The world is so beauiful and HUGE. It's not just my little bubble that I've concerned myself with. I need to be honest with myself and everyone around me and I'll be happy. And that's exactly what I started doing. I feel so much incredibly better. Some people may not like me but not everyone likes stawberries.
:]

In the beginning of this whole college experience I didn't have a roomate. It really made me sad because I felt like I wasn't getting the entire experience. I wanted a best friend that everyone \ already had just living together. Be careful what you wish for my friends. I finally got one and we apparently don't mesh well. She kind of seems offish and like she just wants to be left alone. I wanted to have like a best friend-sister thing like everyone else but instead I got something else. I'm hoping it turns out better. I mean, we don't necessarily fight and she's not mean or anything. There's just not that "click" there. You know? I just want to feel comfortable. I'm going to be basically living like this for an entire year.

Other than that, everything's been going really well. I like being an "adult." I like pretty much being able to do whatever the hell I want without anyone giving me shit. I don't have to ask to go anywhere or need passes. It's awesome. So much better then highschool. Plus, what I like about Montreat is that everything's so close together. It's such a tight knit community. It's a nice feeling. Like someone told me before, "It's like church camp." I definitely like it. I just hope once classes begin I won't be too swamped to where I won't enjoy it anymore

I have almost all music classes. It's pretty good because that's what I'm most interested it. I just hope that I'm not too bad to where they kick me out or something. Aha.
PLUS, they have an open mic night down at the "barn" and I just might sing. I don't know. It's definitely nerve-racking. It might just be a treat. I'm just going to head down there with my friend Katy and we'll see how it goes.


Okay, so, me and my roomate just talked. Maybe it won't be THAT bad. I think we have something in common.
--Normalcy. Ahah.

Man, I love Wes.


The End.

0 comments: